FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions:

What is the recommended schedule for well-child exams?

The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends well-child exams at the following ages: 3 to 5 days, 1 month, 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, 9 months, 12 months, 15 months, 18 months, 2 years, 2 1/2 years, 3 years, and once a year thereafter. This might be adjusted slightly based on your individual needs.

What should I do if my child is sick after hours?

If you have a medical emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. We do have a physician on call 7 days a week for any urgent concerns to help you determine if an ER visit is warranted. If you have routine medical questions, please call during our normal office hours at 830-203-6395. Any calls between 10 pm and 6am will be subject to a $25 fee.  As an additional resource your insurance company will offer an option to call and speak to a nurse. 

What is your policy on vaccines?  

Love & Grow Pediatrics strongly believes in the benefits of vaccines for both individual children and the community as a whole. We encourage families to follow the American Academy of Pediatrics recommended routine vaccine schedule. If you have a specific question or concerns about vaccines or the recommended schedule, please schedule an appointment and we can discuss in more detail. 

If I have to work and can not bring my child to the office, can another adult bring them?  

It is preferred that a parent accompany a patient to an appointment. We understand that circumstances may arise when a parent cannot come to the appointment. We require written authorization for anyone other than a parent to come to an appointment. Please make sure the person bringing your child knows the medical history, medications, allergies, or any other information that might be needed during the appointment.

How can I get a copy of my child’s immunization records?

Every time your child receives an immunization in our office, we will give you a copy of the updated shot record. You may also utilize our patient portal to print out a copy or make a request. 

What should I do when I have a form that needs a doctor’s signature?

We encourage you to bring all forms such as daycare physicals, dental clearance, asthma action plans, allergy action plans with you to an office visit. Forms signed urgently that are not part of an office visit will be subject to a $5 charge.

What are deductibles, co-insurance, and co-payments?

Deductibles: This is a set dollar amount that is required annually to be paid by the insured. The insurance will not pay any of your claims until this amount is paid by the patient. The medical provider must collect this in full and is not allowed to adjust any portion of this payment. You can call the number on your insurance card and they will be able to advise you of your deductible amount. They can also tell you if you have satisfied your deductible for the calendar year.

Co-payments: A set dollar amount that you are required to pay according to your insurance policy at each office visit.

Co-insurance: The portion of medical expenses that you are responsible for after the deductible is met and the insurance has paid its portion. For example, your policy may read 80/20, meaning that your insurance will pay 80% of the claim and you will be responsible for the remaining 20% up to your max out of pocket amount listed in the policy. 

Your policy manual can provide you with this information. Your insurance company determines the amount you pay. Again, medical providers are not allowed to adjust your co-payments or deductibles. It is your obligation to pay these amounts.

When is payment expected?    

Payment for services received is expected at the time of service. You should be prepared to pay for your office visit the day you visit your physician. If you have any questions about your physician’s payment policy you should ask the office staff prior to receiving treatment. You are responsible at the time of the visit for any deductible, copayment, or co-insurance charges not covered by your insurance company.